Wednesday 17 March 2010

Librarian Bloggers 1

The followings are some of the recommended library technology blogs from my Document Management course. I saw a few familiar names. There are a few which I have them on my Twitter since last year, such as, Michael Stephens and Lorcan Dempsey. I am that kind of person who loves organising things. So, I visited all the recommended sites, picked up a few details from there and re-organised them. The lists I put here are those that I think it will benefit for other new librarians who are looking for some good blogs to read and know about librarianship. For my planning, I will continue to use this blog in the future to record my librarianship.

And noted that my title is Librarian Bloggers 1, which means, I have Librarian Bloggers 2 and so on to post in few days time. Not to forget, my favourite: The Unquiet Librarian and Musing About Librarianship.

Here are the lists:

American Librarian bloggers:

  1. The Freerange Librarian - Author:K.G. Schneider (Director of the Cushing Library at Holy Names University, California.), blog about librarianship and writing.

  2. Tame the Web - Author:Michael Stephens (Assistant Professor in the Graduate School of Library and Information Science at Dominican University, Illinois), blog about libraries, technology and people

  3. Lorcan Dempsey's Weblog - Vice President of OCLC, blog about library logistics, collaborative sourcing, collective collection, evolving metadata and bibliographic practices, web 2.0 and library organisation.

  4. iLirarian - Author: Ellyssa Kroski (Information Services Technologist at Barnard College, writer, educator, and international conference speaker), blog about technology and library.

  5. LibrarianInBlack - Author: Sarah Houghton-Jan (Digital Futures Manager of the San Jose Public Library), blog about librarianship, technology and web services.

  6. LibraryBytes - Author: Helene Blowers (Director of Digital Strategy for the Columbus Metropolitan Library, Keynote Presenter & Consultant), blog about libraries and learning 2.0.

  7. Information Wants To Be Free - Author: Meredith Farkas(Head of Instructional Initiatives at Norwich University in Vermont), blog about librarianship and technology usage in day to day library.

Canadian Librarian:

  1. Stephen's Lighthouse - Author: Stephen Abram. Blog about library industry trends, innovation and information.

(p.s. I was surprised!!! Where are Australian librarian bloggers??? Hello??)

No comments:

Post a Comment