Tuesday 6 April 2010

How to embed Flickr gadget

I have Flickr account since January, 2010. I knew it for a long time, but too lazy to sign up a Yahoo account in order to use Flickr (arrgh!!! I hate this!! Too many accounts to manage). I used it more often in February when my baking classes started. I found that people who love baking also love photography (or it is only me???!!!).

I like collecting photos for making my presentation slides. Over the past few years, I have a role in my church to set up powerpoint slides for worship. That was my starting point in getting into photos collection, photography, learn to use photoshop and powerpoint.

I was quite happy when I found the flickr gadget in Blogger during week 3 into Web 2.0 Adventure. I have successfully embedded it into here. I think this is a right time to write down some steps that I have gone through.

1. You need to have Yahoo account in order to sign into Flickr. (cos Yahoo is the big boss of Flickr, I just realised that in January this year.. hehe... so slow)

2. Upload your photos into Flickr first. Uploading is pretty simple and straight forward. Choose photos from your pc photo storage file; upload; add description, tags, titles and organise them in files.

3. Go to blogger > layout > page elements > add a gadget > more gadgets > Flickr photostream in thumbnails.

4. You can drag the gadget to any location you like in the layout page.

5. Done.

I changed my Flickr photostream to the front part of my homepage. They are all about food.. haha!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Windmoon,
    Just wanted to say Hi and thanks for the info on citation of Flickr images.It was quite helpful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping-by, I like your collection of macaroons photos, they look really nice. I was battling myself in how to cite the Creative Common thing from Flickr too. Hehe, I have found some really good Library photos, will try to cite them here sometime. Will ask our tutor what to include in the citation for photos under Creative Common License.

    ReplyDelete