Friday 2 April 2010

My Twitter 'goodies'!!

Here are some individual tweeters and organisations that I have been following for quite a while. I did a rough categorisation today, and this is my result.

I have:
22 librarian tweeters
16 innovators, leaders in web technology, social media tweeters
17 food bloggers
9 organisitional tweeters
4 coursemate tweeters
1 musicans tweeter
1 friend

Lirarian tweeters, innovators and leaders in web technology and social media, coursemates are all information and knowledge management related. I was surprised that I only have 1 friend tweeter, haha, which means all my other friends are not into twitter except me and this friend.

Another surprise was, the first tweeter I followed was an organisation, the ABC Classics FM. I think it was September last year, when the top 100 list of favourite symphony voted by Australians was released through Twitter and ABC Classics website. I used my mobile to access that list when I went travelling to uni. This was because by accessing Twitter, it is quick and straight to the result I need without using too many MB downloaded to my mobile. Therefore, that was the first time I realised the powerful of using twitter in promoting and even running big public events. It was like live, short news in 140 characters that you want to know about what had happened to certain event (in my case, which symphony was voted which place out of top 100).

In February this year, MSO (Melbourne Symphony Orchestra) used twitter to promote and broadcast their live event, the famous free concerts opened to public at Sidney Myer Bowls. On 3rd concert, it was an MSO-tweeting night. The conductor Benjamin Northey actually posted live tweets (msointhebowl) pre, interval and post concert. During the interval, some interesting tweets were read to the public. In addition, live photos taken from that concert can be accessed through that twitter site too.

I like twitter!! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment