Tuesday 6 April 2010

My love with Twitpic

I saw my friend, Jer using Twitpic to post his photos, and it automatically sends a link to Twitter. So, I went to explore that site too and found it really handy to upload my own photos. Since I use Twitter a lot, this site is actually more useful for me than the Flickr.

Twitpic is an additional photo managing application offered by Twitter. If you have Twitter account, you can sign in with your Twitter username and password. You can even embed Twitpic gadget into blogger. Here is the simple instruction:

layout > page elements > add a gadget > search for Twitpic > choose the gadget "Twitpic Update".

Please scoll down to the bottom of my front page. You will see my most recent Twitpic photos with updates too. Twitpic Update is different from Flickr Photostream. Photostream only shows thumbnails photos; on the other hand, Twitpic Update shows the latest photos with description. Another good thing about Twitpic is, I can use my mobile for twittering and also uploading photos to share with all my followers.

This is very good tool to use in live broadcasting of an event. In February, I have observed how MSO (Melbourne Symphony Orchestra) has used Twitter and Twitpic to do a live broadcast on their concert event. For us as information mananger (to be), we can use microblogging linked to social photo and video sharing sites to run our special library events. VALA has used this for their big conference in February 2010.

4 comments:

  1. Now I am assuming all these pics are of things you have made, in which case, when is afternoon tea at your house?? Myself, I struggle to operate my camera at all far less upload anything. I will just have to appropriate someone else's artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... Those photos are all mine..I took them with my Samsung NV10 digital camera. It's a really normal camera without those big zooming (lens) thingy. Haha... I cooked the roasted Greek Style Lamb leg, mom cooked those chinese dishes. Hehe! And I baked all the cakes and breads shown in the photos..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just realised that my Twitpic application widget from bloggerbuster is not working anymore... my twitpic link is 'dead'... AAAARRGGGGG!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have given up.. The Twitpic widget at the bottom of my frontpage still not working.. sigh.. anyway, if you click on the link in the post, you can actually visit my real Twitpic site...

    ReplyDelete