Monday 5 April 2010

YouTube videos that I dearly loved!!!

Ok!! This will be a totally new adventure for me. I haven't attached any video clip ever in my life becausce I have no time to watch video online.

But, I know the effectiveness and powerfulness of multimedia tools nowadays in delivering short and visualised message to internet generation. Audio and video clips are often used in teaching, including both face to face and distance courses. Libraries have widely used them to introduce their promotion events, special activities, and online tutorial resources provided to patrons.

I'm going to try to embed two video clips from YouTube that I like the most. Both of them are related to my career. hehe!! I am learning to become a music librarian.



Woohoo!! Successful!!! The funniest classical music video, and they are so talented!!
Have a look!!

Here come the second one, I love this one, it is very informative and you will understand web 2.0 and social media more after watching this videoclip from YouTube.



I am going to embed another clip here from SlideShare. When I first saw this, I was "WOW"ed by the creativity of 21st century CV. SlideShare is an online community that users can share their presentation slides. In this SlideShare, the creator:Chris Ferdinandi created his CV using visual slides. Lets have a look here.
I have learned from the help section of SlideShare that embedded code only shows up if authors have agreed/chosen to share their content on SlideShare(for example) publicly.

I have a great fun time with video embedding today.. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. On the "Social Media Revolution" clip - I always find these summaries daunting. You can't fight figures ... when you're given concrete evidence (though unreferenced) how can you doubt a revolution? The numbers are overwhelming!

    If Facebook were a country it would be the fourth largest? That's a lot of power for one company. Too much power for one company. Who governs Facebook? Who governs Google? Didn't they (US Courts) split Microsoft when it came to monopolise the market? Any ideas? KP

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... Lets think of the article about the Machine ("We are the Web" by Kevin Kelly) that we just discussed in our tutorial.. I agree with his idea of "the future of the Web will be user focused, created by users, governed by users, and it will be a global collaboration project which we already in it". But government of each country still have the power and ability to allow how much their people can access the information from internet. For example, Google recently withdrew their market in China. Though I don't really know the politic and reason behind, I can see the 'virtual' country created by those internet 'giants' such as Facebook and Google, is still bounded under the strict information freedom law by each countrty. wow!! Thanks for prompting my brain to think deep..

    ReplyDelete